Just putting this in here for record --not because I think people really want to know.
Mommy found out recently that she has Celiac Disease. So she is now on a new Gluten Free Diet! She decided to go to the doctor after about a year of not feeling good and blaming it on other things...
Basically anything with wheat, flour, etc. is OUT!!! This is pretty life changing!!! I can still have all fruits and vegetables, and all meat. So that is what my focus has been on! No more cookies, cakes, pizza crust, pie crust, bread, buns, pasta, donuts, yummy breaded fried stuff, etc. Now, there alternatives for a lot of the above things I mentioned. One--they are more expensive, and two--they just aren't the same! But I am finding new things all the time and getting by. Needless to say I haven't wilted away yet, and don't plan to!
We discussed with our pediatrician the need to have our kids tested, and she didn't think it was necessary at this time since they don't have any symptoms.
So there you have it! A new diet for mommy! Still trying to figure out meals that I can make that we can all eat, so that I am not making two different meals. The majority--like 99.9% of my go to family meals have been scratched from the menu list.
No comments:
Post a Comment