May 2014

May 2014

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Brooklyn turns 5!

I can't believe it!  Brooklyn is 5!!  She turned 5 on 05/05/12.  This Cinco de Mayo birthday girl will be sure to never have a dull birthday I am sure!

This year we decided on a Ice Cream Birthday!

We also decided that this year Brooklyn could invite a few of her friends from school and/or daycare over for a party as well.  So we were scheduled to have two parties in one day!  One in the afternoon for kids, and one in the evening for family and adult friends.  Needless to say we were praying for nice weather so we could be outdoors!  And the day turned out PERFECT!!!

A few pictures of the decor and fun ice cream stuff we had!




These were the party favors the kids got to take home with them!  I think they turned out so cute!  


An ice cream cup, a crazy straw, ice cream scented bubbles, and coupons to two different places for ice cream!


And I also made these cupcakes.   Some ice cream cone cupcakes and some regular cupcakes.
The kids loved the ones in the cones!!





The afternoon kids party went great!  We ended up with about seven of Brooklyn's friends here plus Brooklyn, Jamison, and Raegan!  A few of their parents came, and Ms. Emilia, one of our favorite daycare teachers and also Brooklyn's birthday twin was there to help celebrate.  They all just played outside and snacked on snacks for the first 30-45 minutes.  Then we decided to play a game. Pin the cherry on the ice cream cone.   I was worried about the game as I made it myself, but the kids really liked it!!  I don't think I have a picture, but even Raegan took a turn!!




And what Cinco de Mayo birthday party would be complete without a Pinata??
And an Ice Cream Cone Pinata was perfect!




Everyone went away with a big bag of loot!!!

Then it was finally time for cupcakes and ice cream.  We thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own ice cream sundaes.  Here are a few of the toppings they had to choose from.



We sang Happy Birthday--look at the smiling Birthday Girl!!

Then we let them dig in!


Daddy helping Jamison make his Sundae.
 They all seemed to be happy and full!

Jamison looks like he enjoyed his cupcake for sure!!

 A few pictures of Brooklyn with some of her friends.

Brooklyn and Ivy.

Brooklyn and Jada and Katie

Brooklyn and Drew

Then it was finally time to open presents.



This is where Raegan sat during present opening.  Notice she put Brooklyn's flip flops on.  She loves wearing other people's shoes!  I think Raegan was in overload, as she was QUIET the entire afternoon, barely said a word.  Just went with the flow!  But she did LOVE the ice cream!




Brooklyn got so many great things from her friends!  The afternoon was perfect!! 

Then it was time to re-stock the snacks and toppings for round two!!  Cousin Katherine and Uncle Jason and Aunt Angela came.  We just love having them around!!


That evening we ordered Pizza for everyone and ate outside.  Brooklyn decided to take some more whacks at the empty pinata until it fell to pieces.

Her brother helped her!

Once it fell apart it made for a perfect hat!!




Love this!!  Brooklyn and Aunt Angela

Then it was time for more presents!

And another round of Happy Birthday!

Another cute find that was passed out to some of Brooklyn's friends were these:


They are ice cream cone water guns.  

We saved them to play with until the end of the night, but the cousins had so much fun playing with them!!!





They also loves splashing in the water!


Too much sugar!!

Jamison singing into his microphone!

At the end of the night, I think we still have a pretty happy birthday girl!

But daddy survived the day!......

Well, at least I thought so....



End of the night family photo!!  

What a great five years we have had!!  Words can't even express!

Happy birthday baby girl!  We love your Brooklyn!!

No comments: